David's Recipe for Socca
Very easy, very filling. Yet another recipe which is often surrounded by unnecessary mystifications.
Breakfast or Snack, Niçoise
- 375 grams chickpea flour
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 coffee spoon salt
- 2 soup spoons olive oil
- 1 coffee spoon freshly ground white or black pepper
- Preheat the top grill on your oven to the highest heat.
- Mix the salt into the chickpea flour.
- Thoroughly whisk the water into the flour, a little at a time. You should get a batter the consistency of a very thin porridge, thicker than heavy cream.
- Allow to stand while the oven is preheating.
- Line an 18 inch by 16 inch baking pan with baking paper so that the bottom and the bottom of the sides are covered.
- Oil the baking paper.
- Pour the batter into the pan and swish it around to cover the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Bake until the socca browns a little and starts to separate from the baking paper at the edges, about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Cut into 9 rectangles and serve hot. Can be reheated in a microwave oven.