David's Recipe for Ricotta Filling for Cannoli
An easy, unbaked cheese filling for Italian or other pastries.
Dessert Ingredient, Italian
- 750 grams ricotta
- 500 grams cream cheese or other bland, white, high-fat cheese
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 soup spoon vanilla
- 150 grams white chocolate chips "for baking"
- 1 soup spoon fresh-squeezed orange juice
- Pour any excess liquid off of the ricotta and the cheese.
- Mix together the ricotta and the cheese.
- Mix the sugar in well.
- Mix the vanilla and the orange juice in well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate and hour or more before using, so that the flavors will blend.