- 6 eggs
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil for sauteing
- Preheat a large frying pan on a high flame.
- Beat the eggs. Add the salt.
- Mix the starch and water well and beat into the eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture, a little less than a ladle-full at a time, into the oiled pan.
- Tilt the pan around so that the egg mixture spreads into a thin pancake.
- Fry the 'pancake' until it just starts to brown, lifting the edges occasionally so that the uncooked portion slides underneath. This will take about 3 minutes.
- Flip the 'pancake' and fry for about another minute.
- Remove the pancake and start to fry some more mixture.
- When you have about 3 or 4 pancakes, cut them into strips about 1/2-inch wide, using a sharp knife and a cutting board.
- Repeat until all of the egg mixture is used.
- Serve in chicken soup or other clear soup.