David's Recipe for Chicken-Coconut-Citrus Soup
Very fast and easy. A good use for the laundered chicken left over from making chicken soup.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 chicken thighs and 4 chicken legs
- 1 or more chilis, seeded and minced
- 1 gram saffron threads
- A few ounces of hot water for soaking the saffron
- Zest of 1 lemon, julienned
- Zest of 2 tangerines, julienned
- 2 inches peeled ginger, julienned
- 4 cups canned coconut milk
- Soak the saffron in the water.
- Skin the chicken, remove the flesh from the bones, clean away the tendons and cartilage, and cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Add the chicken, zests, ginger, and the saffron and its water to the broth. Simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Lower the flame and stir in the coconut milk. Simmer on a very low flame for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.